NSW Land & Housing Corporation selects Chamaeleon for further common area lighting upgrades
Released: 10 December, 2013
Dec 13, 2013
Enlighten’s Chamaeleon light has been announced as the successful product for further Common Area Lighting energy efficiency upgrades for the NSW Land & Housing Corporation. Emergency & non-emergency Chamaeleon LED lights will be installed over the next 12-18 months in Urban Sydney, Western Sydney, Wollongong & the Central Coast Hunter properties.
The Chamaeleon LED light is listed on the Land & Housing Corporation’s Deemed to Comply product register and meets the product requirement parameters including:
· An occupancy sensor that maintains a low level of lighting when areas are unoccupied,
· a luminous efficacy of >70 lumens/watt at full light output,
· power factor of .0.9+,
· IP65 rating for exposed equipment,
· LED rated lamp life >50,000 hours,
· Emergency luminaire battery duration of >90 minutes,
· previously used by an Accredited Certificate Provider to successfully create Energy Savings Certificates under the NSW Energy Savings Scheme.
The recent announcement follows 9 previously successful tenders for common area lighting upgrades across 24 properties in the Sydney metropolitan area from 2011-13. Average lighting energy savings from the lighting retrofits across these properties has exceeded 80%, which translates to 46% savings on total site energy consumption.