NSW Land & Housing Corporation selects Chamaeleon for further common area lighting upgrades
Dec 13, 2013
Enlighten’s Chamaeleon light has been announced as the successful product for further Common Area Lighting energy efficiency upgrades for the NSW Land & Housing Corporation. Emergency & non-emergency Chamaeleon LED lights will be installed over the next 12-18 months in Urban Sydney, Western Sydney, Wollongong & the Central Coast Hunter properties.
The Chamaeleon LED light is listed on the Land & Housing Corporation’s Deemed to Comply product register and meets the product requirement parameters including:
An occupancy sensor that maintains a low level of lighting when areas
· a luminous efficacy of >70 lumens/watt at full light output,
· power factor of .0.9+,
· IP65 rating for exposed equipment,
· LED rated lamp life >50,000 hours,
· Emergency luminaire battery duration of >90 minutes,
· previously used by an Accredited Certificate Provider to successfully create Energy Savings Certificates under the NSW Energy Savings Scheme.
The recent announcement follows 9 previously successful tenders for common area lighting upgrades across 24 properties in the Sydney metropolitan area from 2011-13. Average lighting energy savings from the lighting retrofits across these properties has exceeded 80%, which translates to 46% savings on total site energy consumption.
This story was featured in one of our quarterly "enLighten Me" newsletters… Go to Newsletter